Friday, June 13, 2008

Sort of a pattern!!

Sorry I am late again this week. Busy day on Thursday , and now another busy weekend. I wont dare bore anyone with another post about my "feminine issues", but you can probably pretty much figure out why my weight it up a little this week. At least I see the pattern and its not bothering me. I have been doing a really good job of staying on plan and I know as long as I stick with it, I will see results, and I know its going to take alot of patience with myself. The patience part gets very hard sometimes, but the more I begin to accept that this is a change for life , the less it feels like I am on a diet, and the easier its becoming to stay on plan without a second thought. I have been having what feels like some thyroid related issues and I found these articles :
http://thyroid.about.com/b/2008/06/11/whats-happening-to-thyroid-patients-taking-eltroxin-brand-levothyroxine-in-new-zealand.htm?nl=1#gB3
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southlandtimes/4575143a6568.html
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southlandtimes/4579569a6568.html

I don't live in New Zealand but the medication that we get here comes from Glaxo Smith Cline in Germany, and since I changed to this new bottle I have been suffering from hair loss, fatigue as if I am not treating my thyroid at all, and my eyes are always sore and painful. I'm not sure what to do with this info but I may start by writing the local newspapers here and see if someone can do some more research. The bigger problem is if they pull it off the shelves, there are no other medicines on the market here so how would all the hypothyroid patients treat their conditions, scary thought. Well I went to the doctor and had my lab tests repeated and I will post my results as soon as I have them.
Until next time.

4 comments:

SS said...

Salaams, me again :o)
sorry you can't view my blog, it's set to private cause I'm sharing it with a friend in Toronto. She has a lot of weight to lose 150+ lbs. So we set up the blog back in January as a way to keep in touch and journal our weight loss struggles. She's very self-conscious about her weight so I had to promise to keep the blog private - even her other friends don't know about it.
Alhamdulillah, I've since reached my goal. While I didn't have a lot to lose, it did take me a very looooong time - 30lbs in 3 years. I've always been more into exercise than diet so that's probably why .
Who do you know in Riyadh? I've been here 4 yrs but getting out and socializing is always a problem.
We're heading back to Toronto for the summer but please keep in touch. I'm on Facebook shazeeda_s@yahoo.com
w'salaam

Unknown said...

Hey Umm!

Sorry I have'nt been by in a while. Been busy with class. Sorry to hear about the issues with your thyroid medicine, I hope that gets worked out. Sounds painful and irritating.

Have a good summer!!!

Jenn

mom2_9andcounting said...

Shazeeda,WAY TO GO for making it to goal. I know it feels great and such a blessing, who cares how long it took , you got it done. I will email you bithnillah, please tell the sister that I can totally relate to her struggle , I aslo have over 150 to lose, I was over 320 pounds with my last baby , so if she would like to talk to someone who has a similar goal as hers I would be happy to be a serect buddy so to speak, and she doesnt have to worry cause even though Im American I dont know anyone in Toronto at least I dont think I do. But I totaly understand if she wants to keep things the way they are.

mom2_9andcounting said...

Hey Jenn,
Thanks for stopping by, I know how busy life gets, I have been a real slacker over at LCF lately, my kidos are out of school for the summer and its been hectic around here but I love it.I will check out your blog in a few to see how your doing. Im still working on my thyroid meds delema, you have no idea what a headache this has been and having a moron for a doctor doesnt help a bit.
Happy safe summer to you as well on that bike, I know it must be a blast.