Friday, May 9, 2008

Better late than never!!!!

Sorry my post is a day late but in all fairness I will use my weight from yesterday which was 297. I'm feeling good. Yesterday was my daughters KG graduation and Awards day for my son, there were tons of chocolate baskets floating around and I was very tempted to " just have a bite" but I resisted.Despite all the running I still stayed on plan and yesterday made 12 cheat free /clean eating days.
I have still been:
- keeping up with writing down everything I eat
- drinking at least 3 liters of water
- staying under my 20 grams of carbs a day
- avoiding MOST low carb convience foods
what I am NOT doing is getting enough exercise. I don't know what my problem is, I have a HUGE variety of Cd's , machinery and gadgets to give me something different to try everyday but I just don't have the energy or motivation to get the exercise done. Can I count keeping up with 10 children as exercise??? I know I need to do more I just haven't found that niche that I can do everyday yet, but I am working on it , I ordered a callenetics video along with the actual Dr. Atkins book so we'll see if I can make some changes in that area, other wise everything is going pretty well.
By the way I found my lab report here goes:
Cholesterol 163.5 should be less than 200
Triglycerides 42.2 should be less than 150
HDL Chol. 42.9 should be between 35-60
LDL Chol. 106.7 should be less than 130
VLDL Chol. 8.5 should be between 6-38

that was perfect ...here is the problem
free T3 2.81 should be 3.1-6.8 ( mine is low)
free T4 15.39 should be 12-22 ( mine is ok)
TSH 7.06 should be .35- 4.94 ( mine is high)
This was after being on no meds for a month so the wacky doctor put me back on thyroid hormones 50mcg. a day for two months and then I go back to check the levels again. I know my levels aren't that bad but I feel like they are alot worse, I have that weak, dragging feeling , that don't want to move feeling, but I am trying to make myself do as much as possible.
OK that's all folks, I have a "social gathering" today and I am taking all the Atkins foods I need and making a batch of sweet oopsies so while they are having all the Anti- low carb crap I can eat and enjoy my own cheat-free pleasures.
See you next week....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you're doing great! Congrats!

As for not having the energy to work out, for me, I usually just wake up one day and have a little excess energy and that's when I know I'm ready to start working out.

(That point has passed me but I have a lack of resources right now... :) I'll start hitting the gym when summer school starts back up!)

Livin_life_and loving_it said...

YOur doing good! lets just hope you dont hit the magic number and end up with number 11!!!

I know what you mean by just no motavation. YOu know I have everything imaginable in my house but they are collecting duat.