Thursday, February 15, 2007

Here I am!!!!

Well as if the title of my blog doesnt already say it , I am 30 years old and I weigh over 300 pounds, not much over but too darn much for me. How did I get here, well in short I have been happily married( with lots of bumps and bruises) for 14 years in which time I have birthed 9 beautiful children............but in all that time of being a pregnant/breast feeding mom I never stopped to see what was really happening to my body and in 15 years I blossomed from a nice healthy size of 160 pounds to a now unrecognizable 314 pounds. My goal is to return to that 160 pound bombshell that I was ( if i dont say so myself..hahahahaha) with the aid of my lord inshaAllah........You have to know that I wasnt always this big after every baby I would try one fad diet or another to try and recover my body , but always after about a 40 pound loss I would get pregnant again only to gain back 60. Can someone tell me how a 314 pound woman can give birth to a 6 pound baby and the next week she still weighs 314 pounds well I am here to tell you its very possible and all to real to me.
Should I end this post now or do I keep typing, hey what the heck I am on a roll now.
I think its only fair that I mention I have some medical issues that may have contributed to this , I was diagnosed with having hypothyroidism after my fourth child which explains why I need only look at food to gain weight. I am still at a loss how it went undiagnosed for so long but my doctor at the time seemed to think that I had been suffering from it for a long time thats why I would never shed my pregnancy pounds. Who knows but I am trying to shed them now.
This time I am trying a different approach... I have stopped eating all meats, including chicken , fish, beef, ect ect ect, and I eat very few carbs I mostly eat salad and sometimes raw or cooked veggies. I did stop drinking soda all together but I have now become obbssesed with diet coke again grhhhhhhh.
I dont any eat sweets like I used to, what I do now is I calculate the calories of everything and I only alow myself to eat 100 calories of any food, like I made this slammin bannana bread and rather than eat the biggest slice I could fit on a plate like I normally would I only ate a bite a small bite, I am sure that bite had to have been less than 100 calories. In addition to this I drink at least 3 liters of water everyday, I have trouble with constipation( like I dont go for days) so I started drinking 1 or 2 cups of diet tea a day and that is helping keep me regular. I have also become a housework fanatic, I put my mp3 player in my ears and I clean like my house was about to be inspected by the ministry of health( If you live in the UAE you know everything is a ministry,lol in america we would call it the health dept.) and I dance and clean dance and clean for hours, and you know with 9 kids its easy to spend the day cleaning and I mean that literally , I dance and cook, I dance and clean I dance thru the house all day long, I know my kids must think I am nuts but hey I have got to get this done before I am knocked up again. In addition to the dancing I do some cardio workouts I use my excercise ball, I walk sometimes, I do tons of crunches daily and I plan on getting a stepper this weekend.
I was driving myself crazy getting on the scale once and sometimes two or three times a day but I promised myslef that I would cut that back to once a week, its too stressfull when you know you worked extra hard and then you get on the scale and its up a kilo( I couldnt find a scale with pounds at carrefour). So my new routine is I watch the biggest loser on sunday for motivation and I get on the scale on monday mornings. I started out at 320 pounds and I am now down to 314 as of last monday so I will be sure to let you know how things are going this monday.
Was it hard to not eat meat, no way, surprisingly I dont miss it at all. I was alwasys a sweets junkie anyway that is my weakness. Ok well its time to go boogie(clean). This has been really theraputic there is so much I want to say to sort of play catch up I will take it little by little I dont want to blog-overload if thats possible. Well if you made it thru this far your good, thanks for stopping by..............( who the ____ am I talking to,lol) .

1 comment:

Livin_life_and loving_it said...

You know I am thinking of doign the same thing. NO MEAT!!! i aheva great diet I will post it on the site. It gives good recipies and talks about the health benifits of not eating meat.