Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Steps In The Right Direction

Today was a VERY big accomplishment for me mashaAllah. 3 of my children has a field trip with their school to the arcade at the mall and after they ate in the food court. I wanted to take my 3 youngest along so they can get out and have some fun besides ( the most they do is ride in the car to drop off and pick up their siblings from school). I debated with myself about going, I didn't want to be in that food court around all the good smells and the sweets and ice cream yadda yadda yadda, But I also didn't think it was fair to make my kids suffer because I am restricting my food intake. So off we went, and what do you know as I get there the kids are all sitting in the food court being handed their happy-meals which didn't make me happy at all, my little ones faces just lit up as they looked up at me like ok where is our happy meal, off to the McDonald's to get them there kids meals , and although I don't eat meat they had a garden salad and a pineapple custard pie that looked rather inviting, but I stood firm and only ordered for them, I did cave and I had a childs size diet coke, I thought U had given up on diet sodas but I fell weak to that. But mashaAllah I was able to sit at the table as my children ate and I snacked on 5 or 6 fries that my one year old thought he should throw across the table and that was it, I didn't binge and eat anything that I shouldn't have and it felt really good after that I was able to remain in control and pass up all of my favorite eating spots. I think this was a sign for me that I can do anything that I put my mind to , and I have to put food in its place. I was so motivated I went into carrefour after and tried to by an exercise video and a stepper , neither of which they had but I plan on looking elsewhere inshaAllah.
I am looking forward to this Monday I have been alot more strict this week with my carb intake, inshaAllah it will pay off.

1 comment:

Livin_life_and loving_it said...

WAY TO GO!!! It is so hard but you did a good job. About the tapes. It is hard to find them here. I looked in Virgin records and Adu Dhabi co opp I dont think U have the latter in you area but .... we will c what we can do. Honestly I think the best thing to do is order online because the selection is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mostly belly dancin....I am not ready to see mt belly shake.